How Your Personal Information is Collected
During your use of OnlineUniversities.com, certain personal information may be collected from you. This can include your contact, computer, and demographic information. Some examples of this information are your:
- IP address
- Mailing address
- Operating system
- Projected date of graduation
- Referring pages
- Telephone number
How Your Personal Information is Used
Personal information collected by OnlineUniversities.com is used to:
- Advise you in your online college degree program search while making recommendations and identifying schools that may interest you along the way.
- Offer you information essential for realizing your life goals and obtaining an accommodating education
- Supply you with newsletters, marketing announcements, and requested school information
- Provide you with responses to your requests, questions, and concerns
- Improve OnlineUniversities.com’s services, website, etc.
- Address our business demands
- Engage in research activities pertinent to OnlineUniversities.com
Additionally, as a user you should understand that in providing personal information to OnlineUniversities.com you are engaging in two legal actions. First, you are inquiring OnlineUniversities.com and thus give it and its affiliates consent to contact you. Second, you are revoking your Do Not Call protection, only in regard to the above mentioned parties; effectively, you are consenting to allow only those said parties to contact you by telephone for a period of time.
Your Option to Opt-Out
If you do not want to be a participant in our marketing communications, opting-out is simple. Instructions for unsubscribing are included in emails.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may give third party companies your personal information on occasion, but only those which provide us with administrative services and only for our own business purposes; for example, our contracted customer service provider may need some of your contact information to resolve an issue you’ve raised.
With your consent to do so, we may also release your personal information to third parties if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our assets. Such a situation may deem personal information sharing with third parties necessary when legally required and when we, in good faith, consider that doing so will necessarily protect you or another from harm, safeguard the rights of OnlineUniversities.com, as well as allow us to respond to a case of fraud or a government request.
Contact Information for OnlineUniversities.com
Effective on August 18, 2012