Although there are plenty of business books that can help you in your education, some of the most useful ones aren’t obviously meant for business at all. You can build your communications, relationship, and presentation skills, and even set yourself up for success by reading books your professor wouldn’t think of assigning you. In this collection, you’ll find a variety of books that can support your education and growth in business and beyond.
Read these books to learn about effective communication.
- The Elements of Style: Write and communicate clearly with the help of this book.
- The Definitive Book of Body Language: Read this book to learn the essentials of reading and communicating with body language.
- Crucial Conversations: This book offers skills that can improve your communication and relationships, as well as prevent arguments and misunderstandings.
- You Can Read Anyone: Read this book to find out how to pick up underlying clues from others.
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Learn the essentials of punctuation in this humorous book.
- Messages: Messages offers a book of communication skills.
- Line by Line: This book offers an effective guide to editing your own writing.
- Difficult Conversations: Thrive in difficult conversations with the help of this book.
- The Lost Art of the Great Speech: Read this book to learn how to write and deliver excellent speeches.
- The Art of Talking So That People Will Listen: This book will teach you how to get through to anyone you’re speaking with.
- Presentation Zen: In this book, you’ll learn how to make your presentations simple and perfect.
- On Speaking Well: Peggy Noonan shares advice and ideas for writing and giving effective speeches.
- 101 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills Instantly: Use this book to find methods for communicating more effectively.
- Lincoln At Gettysburg: Take a lesson from Lincoln and learn how to improve your communication skills to demand attention.
- Grammatically Correct: In this book, you’ll find the definitive guide to correct grammar.
- It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It: Follow this book’s advice for communication, presentations, speeches, and more.
- Getting to Yes: Read this book to improve your negotiation skills.
- Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln: Learn the secrets of effective speakers in history from this book.
- The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking: Dale Carnegie shares his knowledge and advice for effective speaking in this book.
- Choosing Powerful Words: Develop your eloquence and public speaking with the help of this book.
- 100 Ways to Improve Your Writing: Use this reference to learn how to become a better writer and communicator.
- Great Speeches for Better Speaking: In this book and CD, you’ll be able to listen to and learn from important speeches throughout history.
- Guerilla Negotiating: Learn unconventional strategies for getting what you want from this book.
- The World’s Great Speeches: Learn communication skills from some of the greatest speeches in the world, found in this book.
- Emotional Intelligence: Learn about emotional intelligence from this book and find out why it’s so important.
With these books, you can help build your leadership skills.
- Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World: Get a unique view of leadership, groups, and change in this book.
- Developing the Leader Within You: This book offers a useful look at becoming a great leader.
- If It Is To Be It’s Up To Me: This book will help you develop the attitude of a true leader.
- Primal Leadership: Read this book to learn how you can use emotional intelligence to be a better leader.
- The Servant: The Servant offers a look into what’s most important in leadership.
Change the way you look at life and business with these books that can help you become successful.
- Yes Man: This book will show you how just saying yes more can change your life.
- The Fountainhead: Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead offers themes including individual strength and the tug between good and evil.
- The Tipping Point: This book explains how ideas, messages, and behaviors can spread like viruses. The Greatest Secret in the World: Og Mandino shares an explanation of his Ten Greatest Scrolls of Success in this book.
- The Go Getter: Read this book to learn how to be a go-getter.
- Talent is Overrated: Read this book to find out why talent isn’t the most important factor to success.
- Our Iceberg is Melting: Read this book to learn how to change and succeed no matter what conditions you’re in.
- Think and Grow Rich: Apply the techniques revealed in this book to find lasting success.
- The Magic of Thinking Big: Use the methods in this book to think big and conquer your achievements.
- The Greatest Miracle in the World: Read Og Mandino’s story to learn secrets of happiness and success.
- The 80/20 Principle: The 80/20 Principle shares the secret to being successful with less.
- Outliers: Malcolm Gladwell explains why some people succeed, and some fall short.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: In this classic, you’ll learn how to improve your personal effectiveness.
- The Lorax: This book by Dr. Seuss shares the dangers of exploiting the Earth.
- The Power of Positive Thinking: Use this book to put the power of faith in action.
- The Art of Looking Sideways: Learn to deconstruct your preconceived notions with the help of this book.
- The Magic of Thinking Big: Use this book’s methods to get the most out of your life and your new venture.
- The Secret: Although criticized as unrealistic and irresponsible, this book’s message is a useful one — think positively to improve your life and work.
- Atlas Shrugged: Understand the philosophy of objective reasoning through this book.
- Influencer: This book will teach you how to change just about anything through influence.
Improve yourself to improve your business with the help of these books.
- The Art of Possibility: This self improvement book will help you change your outlook on life and open yourself up to possibilities.
- The Da Vinci Method: Use The Da Vinci Method’s advice to learn how to break out of what hinders your greatness.
- Living an Extraordinary Life: Read this book to find out how you can live an extraordinary life.
- The Art of Happiness: Dalai Lama offers his handbook for living happily.
- The Four Agreements: In this book, you will learn about personal freedom.
- Nudge: Nudge will help you make better decisions throughout your life.
- Transitions: Endure and make the most of changes in life by reading this book.
- Awake in the Wild: Use nature as a path to self discovery with the help of this book.
- The Alchemist: The Alchemist tells an everyman story of the struggle to pursue your life’s dreams.
Relationships & Personality
Use these books to become an expert in relationships and dealing with people.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Improve your influential skills using the lessons in this classic book.
- Personality Plus: With this book, you’ll gain a better understanding of yourself, and other people as well.
- People Skills: Find out how to assert yourself and deal well with others in this book.
- Goodbye to Shy: Become more outgoing with the help of these "shybusters."
- Groundswell: This book explains how to be successful among social technologies.
- The Power of Charm: Read this book, and you’ll learn how to use charm to win people over.
- Extraordinary Relationships: This book offers a new way of thinking about human interactions.
- How to Talk to Anyone: Learn these tricks to find success in your relationships.
- Social Media is a Cocktail Party: This book will help you learn how to make the most of social media.
- Crucial Confrontations: With the help of this book, you’ll learn how to make it through difficult conversations and confrontations.
- The Developing Mind: This book explains how relationships work to shape who we are.
- How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less: Read this book to learn how to instantly win people over.
- What to Say When You Talk to Yourself: Check out this book, and you’ll see how you can become what you tell yourself.
With these psychology books, you’ll gain insight into behavior and more.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion: This book explains the psychological foundations of influencing people.
- The Psychology of Winning: In The Psychology of Winning, you’ll get a look at the qualities of winners.
- Predictibly Irrational: Read this book, and you’ll get a better understanding of what is perceived to be irrational behavior.
- How We Decide: This book will help you understand how you and other people make decisions.
- The Paradox of Choice: Read this book to find out why fewer choices are better.
- The Drunkard’s Walk: In this book, you will learn how randomness influences our lives more than you think.
- On Being Certain: This book will help you learn to effectively question yourself.
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Psychology: This book offers an essential look at psychology.
- Psychology of Achievement: In this book, you’ll learn how to develop the mindset of a top achiever.
- Covert Persuasion: This book shares psychological tactics and tricks for winning at persuasion.
- Psychology of Success: Read this book to learn about the psychology behind succeeding.
- The Psychology of Judgment and Decisions Making: Learn more about the thought behind judgment and decision making from this book.
- Animal Spirits: Animal Spirits explains how human psychology drives the economy.
- The Psychology of Persuasion: This book will help you learn how to use psychology in order to persuade others to your way of thinking.
Strengthen your personal and business finances with the help of these books.
- The Millionaire Next Door: This book will teach you the rules to becoming a millionaire while living a simple life.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: In Rich Dad, Poor Dad, you’ll learn what the rich teach their children about money.
- Total Money Makeover: Read this book, and you’ll find out why it’s so important to pay cash and stay out of debt.
- The Millionaire Mind: Read this book to make your mindset more like a millionaire’s.
- Freakonomics: Find out how to illuminate financial mysteries and more just by asking the right questions.
- Small is Beautiful: This economics book keeps people in mind.
- The Richest Man in Babylon: This classic book has a lot to teach about investment and finances.
- Think and Grow Rich: By reading this book, you’ll learn how to thrive even in economic downturns.
Strategy & Innovation
Improve your productivity, increase creativity, and outsmart your competition with these books.
- The Now Habit: Read The Now Habit to create a program that will help you overcome procrastination.
- Eat That Frog!: In this book, you’ll find 21 effective methods for conquering procrastination.
- Blink: Malcolm Gladwell’s book will teach you to rely on your adaptive unconscious.
- I Dare You!: Read I Dare You! to become one of the daring few on the way to somewhere.
- The Art of War: Read this book, and you’ll learn how to gain advantage of your opponents in any situation.
- The Prince: Study this book to broaden your political and strategic philosophies.
- The Medici Effect: Read this book, and you’ll find out how innovate by approaching situations differently.